Start your journey of discovery
Here’s a list of several resources to help you with travel planning, personal development, and happiness.
Volunteer/ Work Exchange
Travel Blog Directory
- Check out other travel bloggers for more tips, ideas, and inspiration.
- Ask Arthur Frommer: And Travel Better, Cheaper, Smarter (Frommer’s Complete Guides) by Arthur Frommer
- Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel by Rolf Pott
- Volunteer Vacations: Short-Term Adventures That Will Benefit You and Others by Bill McMillon, Doug Cutchins, Anne Geissinger and Ed Asner
- 1,000 Places to See Before You Die by Patricia Schultz
Discover Your Personal Strengths Resources
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- StandOut: The Groundbreaking New Strengths Assessment from the Leader of the Strengths Revolution by Marcus Buckingham
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves
- Myers Briggs Personality Testing
- Authentic Happiness: Develop insights into yourself and the world around you through these scientifically tested questionnaires, surveys, and scales.
- Koble A Test measures and individual’s natural instincts, or modus operandi (MO).
- The Real You: Becoming the Person You Want to Be by Dr. Kevin Leman
Happiness and Fulfillment Books
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- Curious?: Discover the Missing Ingredient to a Fulfilling Life by Todd Kashdan
- The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work by Shawn Anchor
- The Happiness Trap: How to Stop Struggling and Start Living by Russ Harris and Steven Hayes
- Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment by Tal Ben-Shahar
- How Will You Measure Your Life? by Clayton M. Christensen, James Allworth, and Karen Dillon
What new resource would you recommend? Let me know.
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” ~ Plato
There are affiliate links on this page. When you click and buy something, I receive a small commission for referring the sale at no cost to you. I only recommend products and services that I use and believe in. Your support helps fund my travel and volunteer efforts.